kano89

Tinkerer

from Poznan, Wielkopolskie (Polska)
19 posts

http://img.skitch.com/20090306-1qhx3m848j2ngkn6msg3rem4ww.jpg

~ Download ~

I hope you like it!

Enjoy! big_smile

Think. Create. Live. Discover. Anew. Differently.

March 6, 2009 1:18 pm
JSand

JSand

Automaton Tech

from Atlanta, GA
227 posts

Cool. I think I'll be sticking with my "cat with rainbow snow cone" avatar, but these are really well done. Thanks for including the PSD too. Nice for those of us that like to play around and modify graphics.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜
Tweet me.
Journeying Synthetic Android Normally for Destruction

March 6, 2009 3:19 pm
mwhogan

mwhogan

Big Game Hunter

from Dallas, TX
795 posts

Yup - I like sailing. And it's blue, too. But thanks for giving those folks who don't have an avatar some cool new options.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." -- Victor Hugo

March 6, 2009 11:05 pm
daba

daba

Big Game Hunter

from New Zealand
640 posts

thanks and it's so great that you added the .psd files! i'll edit one for myself to look different from the rest... smile

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” — Arthur C. Clarke. Sharing large files and backing them up using Dropbox is just like magic, and you can get 2.5 GB of free storage when you sign up for Dropbox with this link.

March 7, 2009 1:01 am
Trent J.

Trent J.

Automaton Tech

from Florida
260 posts

Thanks so much for including the PSD! Now if only I can figure out how to make the image I want and keep it under 40KB!

Great share though!

GO ORANGE! - Team Orange Twitter
Original avatar by kano89 (edited by me)

March 7, 2009 1:28 am
meizlizard

meizlizard

Automaton Tech

from Cupertino
108 posts

They're really cool! Remember the mods want everyone to have a unique avatar to make moderating easier. Maybe you should mark off the ones already in use.

Orange'you glad I didn't say banana?

March 7, 2009 1:36 am
kano89

kano89

Tinkerer

19 posts

Thank you guys! I'm glad you like it! big_smile

Trent J. wrote:

Thanks so much for including the PSD! Now if only I can figure out how to make the image I want and keep it under 40KB!

Great share though!

You can save your psd image as jpeg with max. quality and then use e.g. "Picturesque" (or whatever else) to save the same image to jpeg once again, and here you have 20KB weight of jpeg file! smile

March 7, 2009 8:21 am
kmiffy

kmiffy

Automaton Tech

from San Francisco
136 posts

Great work! Nice of you to include the neutral folk too.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 7, 2009 8:43 am
kano89

kano89

Tinkerer

19 posts

Thanks! big_smile

March 8, 2009 12:37 pm
Trent J.

Trent J.

Automaton Tech

from Florida
260 posts

For some reason, when I go to Profile > Personality and hit "Change Avatar", then choose the one you included in the download (the 20KB one) and upload it, it doesn't change my picture =/

Anybody have any suggestions for this?

March 8, 2009 1:25 pm
twodogsguy

twodogsguy

Automaton Tech

from So. Cal Desert
122 posts

Empty your cache and restart Safari -  It worked for me.

 Green Space Monkey
RECYCLE It's the GREEN thing to do!

March 8, 2009 1:45 pm
Trent J.

Trent J.

Automaton Tech

from Florida
260 posts

twodogsguy wrote:

Empty your cache and restart Safari -  It worked for me.

You're a lifesaver... now I have to go figure out how to make my custom version < 40KB

Edit: got it! in photoshop it said it was < 40KB but when I got information on my mac it said it was like 100KB.. but I uploaded anyways and it worked. Just a little warning, it might say it is bigger on your mac information thing than it actually is...

March 8, 2009 2:00 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Front » MacHeist Member Avatars

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?