Forums

✚ BoinxTV support

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ BoinxTV support
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

Post any BoinxTV support related issues here.

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

March 25, 2009 2:09 am

badwillsmith

Tinkerer

from UK
18 posts

what is the unlock point?

Will Smith
-----------
Anything your pc can do my mac can do better.
A Mac is for life and not just for christmas

March 25, 2009 11:54 am
oliverbreidenbach

oliverbreidenbach

Developer

from Munich, Germany
54 posts

Hi there,

I will monitor this thread and try to keep up as best as I can.

Best,

Oliver.

March 25, 2009 7:24 pm
Trent J.

Trent J.

Automaton Tech

from Florida
260 posts

badwillsmith wrote:

what is the unlock point?

US$400,000 raised for charity..

GO ORANGE! - Team Orange Twitter
Original avatar by kano89 (edited by me)

March 25, 2009 7:34 pm

jpstonge

Urchin

1 posts

Where do I get the license for BoinxTV and The Hit List I purchased in MacHeist3 Bundle?

March 25, 2009 7:42 pm

apapastavrou

Urchin

2 posts

I have the same problem with license BoinxTV and The Hit List(BETA!!!)

March 25, 2009 8:22 pm
martmart011235

martmart011235

Tinkerer

from Ithaca, New York
29 posts

question: if i purchase the bundle before this, and other, applications are unlocked, do i still get those applications (after they become unlocked)?

Die Hard Mac User

March 25, 2009 8:48 pm

badwillsmith

Tinkerer

from UK
18 posts

martmart011235 wrote:

question: if i purchase the bundle before this, and other, applications are unlocked, do i still get those applications (after they become unlocked)?

yes you do

Will Smith
-----------
Anything your pc can do my mac can do better.
A Mac is for life and not just for christmas

March 25, 2009 10:15 pm

anonimo08

Urchin

1 posts

i need the serial number

March 26, 2009 12:13 am

angelam2

Urchin

2 posts

I just realized after downloading and installing that this application hasn't been unlocked yet!

March 26, 2009 3:16 am
aphexii

aphexii

Gearhead

from Sarasota, FL
97 posts

jpstonge wrote:

Where do I get the license for BoinxTV and The Hit List I purchased in MacHeist3 Bundle?

You get them once they have been unlocked.

Macheist3 Bundle! Click HERE to Buy it Now!

March 26, 2009 3:49 pm

gm.gardner

Urchin

1 posts

The only reason I bought this was for the BoinxTV app- this is really annoying having to wait for it to become unlocked. What happens if you don't reach your goal?

March 26, 2009 4:21 pm
WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Dirigible Captain

from a cliff in the arctic ocean.
2,847 posts

You can be sure that the goal for BoinxTV will be reached. We are already half-way through in less than two days! and almost 13 days to go. Regarding the "top apps", we'll see what the directorate throws in our general direction smile

(favourite paradox) This page intentionally left blank.

March 26, 2009 4:42 pm

jimdawson58

Urchin

1 posts

I purchased the software and installed it and the message on the email says when the goal is reached the license will appear.  What is the goal?  I still don't see my license.  Why do you have to be so difficult when everybody else printed the license on the receipt.

March 26, 2009 7:28 pm

wroth

Urchin

1 posts

Hi all,

at my online order receipt there is no license displayed for example for BoinxTV.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Will

March 26, 2009 8:24 pm

KHannibal

Tinkerer

from Switzerland
22 posts

That's perfectly normal... The apps get unlocked after an amount of bundles has been sold or after we reached the objective.

March 26, 2009 10:51 pm
deej

deej

Automaton Tech

450 posts

jpstonge wrote:

apapastavrou wrote:

I have the same problem with license BoinxTV and The Hit List(BETA!!!)

anonimo08 wrote:

i need the serial number

jimdawson58 wrote:

I purchased the software and installed it and the message on the email says when the goal is reached the license will appear.  What is the goal?  I still don't see my license.  Why do you have to be so difficult when everybody else printed the license on the receipt.

wroth wrote:

Hi all,

at my online order receipt there is no license displayed for example for BoinxTV.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Will

For those wondering why I've quoted all of those posts, it's because this response is to all of them.

You won't get the license emailed to you until we have raised $400,000 for charity. At the moment Boinx is locked, and that won't change until the $400k target has been met.

You can keep an eye on the total raised for charity by visiting www.macheist.com and you help speed along the process of getting to the target by going to www.macheist.com/invite and copying the referrer id to twitter, facebook etc and getting the word out about the great deal that we're getting.

Get Dropbox! 2.25GB free storage

March 26, 2009 10:58 pm

elkebretz

Urchin

1 posts

It is a little naughty not to send the licence key with ALL the other software bits purchased via the bundle. Whilst I appreciate you are raising money for charity, people are still buying a software bundle and expect to use it as per their purchase and not having to wait for a licence key to be unlocked upon reaching a goal. Purchasers will already have contributed to your charity goal....

March 27, 2009 11:55 am
mollita

mollita

Gearhead

from San Francisco Bay Area
86 posts

I don't think it's naughty-- They are pretty clear about the goals and which apps are locked until that goal is reached.  And the dollar total you see right next to the buy button is the amount of the already unlocked apps.  As more apps are unlocked, the dollar total goes up (though the bundle price stays the same.)

Thank you MacHeist for the big-bundle-happiness

March 27, 2009 12:09 pm

slt23c

Urchin

1 posts

I'm Danny Evans owner of a production studio and my question is if I buy before we hit 400K but we don't make it to 400K and I'm out $40 just for Boinx TV or will it be handed to us?

March 28, 2009 3:51 pm
msalter

msalter

Gearhead

from N.E. Georgia
89 posts

slt23c wrote:

I'm Danny Evans owner of a production studio and my question is if I buy before we hit 400K but we don't make it to 400K and I'm out $40 just for Boinx TV or will it be handed to us?

IF, and that is a BIG if, we don't make the unlock total, then you still got $602 in stuff for $39. BUT, we have never had an app NOT get unlocked before. I would bet my next to last dollar you will get BoinxTV as well as the Mega unlock apps. It might be at 3 minutes to midnight so to speak, but all will be revealed and unlocked I believe! Have a Blessed Day, Mike
(Edit for minor typo-don't know how my CDO missed it! wink )

Official Orange Team Juicer!

March 28, 2009 5:13 pm
emokid

emokid

Tinkerer

20 posts

slt23c wrote:

...in shock...
There's a bunch of other good apps in the bundle.  Don't buy just for BoinxTV, buy for the joy of getting all the other apps and the happiness of getting more apps as they unlock or come as suprises...
...I live in my own land of joy and emoness...

March 28, 2009 7:08 pm

jhave

Urchin

1 posts

Bought the bundle just to have Acorn at a cheaper price. Charity wins as well this way.

March 31, 2009 8:55 pm
vansouza

vansouza

Sky Pirate

from Las Vegas, USA Earth Milky Way
1,075 posts

Come on people; read the entire page.  We get a set number of apps for the buying price.  And more if and only if they are unlocked.  You have no automatic license to the locked apps.  I have downloaded them in anticipation of them being unlocked... but anticipation is not a guarantee.  Pray for peace.

www.usheroes.us Pray for Peace. Go Orange!

March 31, 2009 9:10 pm

gulfvetsaf

Urchin

from NC but from PA
1 posts

I'm not able to register it either... any help in this matter? It's been unlocked... Please someone help! smile

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

March 31, 2009 10:59 pm
deej

deej

Automaton Tech

450 posts

gulfvetsaf wrote:

I'm not able to register it either... any help in this matter? It's been unlocked... Please someone help! smile

It's not been unlocked yet, check the main page. www.macheist.com

March 31, 2009 11:21 pm
madcran

madcran

Tinkerer

14 posts

Wow, just wow.  I don't even know what to say in here.  Just wow.  People really don't read stuff or watch the live show, do they?  Had they watched just a little of the show with the hosts they would see what is really going on here.  I really, really, really, hope this gets unlocked.  I am a podcaster and could use this to expand my podcast from audio to video.  I hope sales increase over the next week.

This is my signature? Oh wait, this IS my signature.  Why do I post useless crap in here?
http://www.macheist.com/bundle/u/49841/

April 1, 2009 3:53 am

kabelogo

Urchin

9 posts

i am amazed at the number of people that can't read.

and to the guy that owns the production studio, if you need boinxtv, buy it, and don't come here and say that you're out 40 bucks if it doesn't unlock. no one ever said it would. most likely it will, and then you'll have access to it. If i ran a production studio i would pony up and buy the full version, and not the sponsored version if i needed it. i like boinxtv and it will be nice to have if it unlocks, but if it doesn't i am happy with what i got. between wiretap  and librarian pro, i am happy.

April 1, 2009 6:12 am
ericssj

ericssj

Gearhead

from Mexico
82 posts

i have installed Boinx TV in my IMac but it doesn`t run , can i have some support over here please (this was the deciding app for buying the bundle, Thanks)

Orange  -  En español es NARANJA

"We will rise!!!!!!!" - Archenemy \m/

April 1, 2009 8:18 am

lmdramos

Urchin

1 posts

When is The Unlock Point

April 1, 2009 11:50 pm
DerBoss

DerBoss

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,067 posts

ericssj wrote:

i have installed Boinx TV in my IMac but it doesn`t run , can i have some support over here please (this was the deciding app for buying the bundle, Thanks)

only works for leopard 10.5.5 and upward.

Click here to get Dropbox Storage for free + additional 250 MB

April 1, 2009 11:53 pm
fursimba

fursimba

Tinkerer

from USA
32 posts

gulfvetsaf wrote:

WireTap Studio was unlocked, BoinxTV is still locked.

Go Orange or Go Home

April 1, 2009 11:54 pm
DerBoss

DerBoss

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,067 posts

lmdramos wrote:

When is The Unlock Point

take a look at the macheist site... it's 400k and the mega-unlock is 1million

Click here to get Dropbox Storage for free + additional 250 MB

April 1, 2009 11:54 pm
ericssj

ericssj

Gearhead

from Mexico
82 posts

DerBoss wrote:
ericssj wrote:

only works for leopard 10.5.5 and upward.

Thanks that was the problem

Orange  -  En español es NARANJA

"We will rise!!!!!!!" - Archenemy \m/

April 2, 2009 2:14 am

silverriver

Urchin

1 posts

Hi..I have downloaded Boinx TV
but the license does not appear
on the receipt?

April 2, 2009 1:43 pm

jjb22778822

Urchin

1 posts

I purchased the bundlebut did not receive a key for the Boinx TV app.

April 4, 2009 9:30 am

thomas.harte@gmail.com

Urchin

8 posts

Read this thread or the front page. Boinx TV is not unlocked yet. At the time of writing, the MacHeist bundle has raised $368,437 for charity. When it has raised $400,000, BoinxTV will become part of the bundle and serials will be available.

To be honest, I don't think this site explains the concept very well; when you purchase, you obtain licences for the applications that are listed as having been unlocked up to that date. Targets are set for other software packages. If the sales volume reaches those targets, then those packages are unlocked. Everybody who has already purchased is then entitled to a licence, as if everybody who purchases from that point onwards.

If the site said only "12 Top Mac Apps for the insanely low price of $39" and nothing then you'd probably have grounds to complain. But what on earth did you think the little padlocks over BoinxTV, The Hit List and Espresso meant? Did you think the text "Unlocked for all customers when $400,000 is raised for charity" meant "everyone who buys will get a licence for this immediately"?

April 4, 2009 9:51 am
bigjon94

bigjon94

Tinkerer

12 posts

I am laughing my ass off. The sheer number of people who can't read or pay attention to forums is amazing.

BTW, I am almost certain Boinx will be unlocked. were 20,000 away and we have 3 days left. If we continue like we are, we will unlock it in no time. As for the MEGA Unlocked, i am losing hope. I really wanted expresso but, oh well...

Schnibs:
"Film making, like sex is a dirty business. It involves alot of work, sweat and tears and the bottom line is if someone isn't screaming, you're not doing your job right...
-James Woods

April 4, 2009 9:50 pm
dan.palmer

dan.palmer

Automaton Tech

from UK
314 posts

bigjon94 wrote:

I am laughing my ass off. The sheer number of people who can't read or pay attention to forums is amazing.

BTW, I am almost certain Boinx will be unlocked. were 20,000 away and we have 3 days left. If we continue like we are, we will unlock it in no time. As for the MEGA Unlocked, i am losing hope. I really wanted expresso but, oh well...

At the end of the day, MH is pretty much just a big marketing tool. Think how bad the marketing would be if people paid for the bundle expecting the last apps to be unlocked and they weren't. And don't say you didn't expect them to be. Everyone thought that they would be unlocked more easily.

When BoinxTV is unlocked (probably in the next 14 hours) MH will set an unlock point for the Mega unlock. This is not set yet. They can change it right up to the last minute. So they will set a point that CAN be reached otherwise this was a massive failure as a marketing tool; the main point of MH.

Follow me on Twitter
See where I am online

April 4, 2009 9:57 pm
riolio11

riolio11

Automaton Tech

164 posts

Not a big issue, but the image for BoinxTV has disappeared in all instances on MacHeist, on my computer at least

Dropbox: A free cloud service to sync your files from computer to computer

→ → → Click to get 2GB + 250 MB of extra space! ← ← ←

April 4, 2009 11:15 pm

pcid

Urchin

1 posts

Hi, I have a problem activating boinxTV, and the hit list, no serial numbers appear, please explain why, I was reading the post of other users, and I see that this is a common problem.

Please explain

Thanks
Patricio

April 5, 2009 3:07 am
redsteven

redsteven

Gearhead

62 posts

pcid wrote:

Hi, I have a problem activating boinxTV, and the hit list, no serial numbers appear, please explain why, I was reading the post of other users, and I see that this is a common problem.

no you didn't

Or at least, none of the posts that actually mattered.

No offense man (well, maybe a little), but there's a big box on the main page that says "UNLOCKED FOR ALL CUSTOMERS WHEN $400,000 IS RAISED FOR CHARITY", and right underneath that is a progress bar that indicates how close we are to that goal... as well as the dollar amount written out in whole on the upper right.

April 5, 2009 4:40 am

SebastianMac007

Urchin

from MASS
3 posts

How do I register BoinxTV?

April 5, 2009 11:50 am
Pace

Pace

Automaton Tech

from Brussels, Belgium
311 posts

I have a question regarding the requirements (would have asked earlier, but now, more people will be checking out BoinxTV): why is the GMA 950 integrated graphics core not supported (the one used by all MacBooks until the most recent ones)? Is it for performance reasons, or something else?

Peter "Pace" Craddock

Arpia.be - twaddle, music, novels and Arpia stuff.

April 5, 2009 12:17 pm
BeauGiles

BeauGiles

Tinkerer

20 posts

Why won't BoinxTV work for GMA Macs? Can it be tricked to run? Does it run, but with poor performance? Etc.

April 5, 2009 12:28 pm
riolio11

riolio11

Automaton Tech

164 posts

It will run on my MacBook with GMA, however it's too slow to be useable.

Dropbox: A free cloud service to sync your files from computer to computer

→ → → Click to get 2GB + 250 MB of extra space! ← ← ←

April 5, 2009 12:36 pm
deej

deej

Automaton Tech

450 posts

The reason BoinxTV does not officially support the GMA cards is due to performance. The software will run, but nowhere near as well as the developers designed it to, so to quite simply avoid complaints that their software is crap (which it isn't, it's peoples graphics cards that are crap), they don't officially support it.

I have Boinx on my MacBook 3,1 and it does run, but not as well as it should.

April 5, 2009 12:42 pm

marc.brodt

Urchin

3 posts

Serial works fine.

Thanks MacHeist & BoinX for the great Software

April 5, 2009 12:42 pm

javajive

Urchin

1 posts

Hi, I've installed BoinxTV but my license key doesn't work. Yes, it's now unlocked, and I'm copying/pasting from the MH receipt. Any help is appreciated.

April 5, 2009 1:21 pm
Pace

Pace

Automaton Tech

from Brussels, Belgium
311 posts

deej wrote:

The reason BoinxTV does not officially support the GMA cards is due to performance. The software will run, but nowhere near as well as the developers designed it to, so to quite simply avoid complaints that their software is crap (which it isn't, it's peoples graphics cards that are crap), they don't officially support it.

I have Boinx on my MacBook 3,1 and it does run, but not as well as it should.

Thanks for the answer, and thanks for testing wink

Peter "Pace" Craddock

Arpia.be - twaddle, music, novels and Arpia stuff.

April 5, 2009 1:29 pm
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ BoinxTV support

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?