Forums

✪ The MacHeist 3 Bundle Unveiled!

MacHeist Forums » The Front » ✪ The MacHeist 3 Bundle Unveiled!
phillryu

phillryu

Administrator

1,569 posts

After nearly a year of planning, composing, and negotiating, we are extremely proud to announce our latest MacHeist bundle.

As detailed on our new front page and sale site, this year's bundle starts with an early buyers bonus of Big Bang Board Games for the first 25,000 customers, and continues with a core bundle that includes:

iSale
Picturesque 2
SousChef
World of Goo
PhoneView
LittleSnapper
Kinemac
WireTap Studio (unlocked for all customers once we raise $100,000 for charity)
Boinx TV (locked currently)
The HIt List (locked currently)
Espresso (locked currently)

I know a lot of you have been waiting for months and months, and in some cases, over a year for this bundle to arrive.

We hope it meets expectations, and in advance, thanks to all of you guys who are going to make this a resounding success.

Now go try out your new apps! smile

And if you like it, Digg it!

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

March 25, 2009 2:19 am
akjeter

akjeter

Tinkerer

from NY
24 posts

umm, what were points for?

http://www.backstagegfx.com

March 25, 2009 2:27 am
bdegrande

bdegrande

Sky Pirate

from Hoboken, NJ
1,241 posts

You left out BoinxTV.

If you are a Dexter fan, check out The Dexter Cast podcast - iTunes  or www.thedextercast.com
Dropbox referral - We each get an extra 500MB

March 25, 2009 2:29 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

WTH ARE POINTS FOR!!!!!

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

March 25, 2009 2:30 am
Chesfield

Chesfield

Automaton Tech

from Connecticut
218 posts

Why does the main page say 14 apps? Even with the board games it is only 13.

To Knowledge!

March 25, 2009 2:31 am
JohnA

JohnA

Tinkerer

from Merced, CA
12 posts

What is the deal with the points?

This was a triumph!

March 25, 2009 2:34 am
patej

patej

Gearhead

from the World
55 posts

Weird, I lost the page to download the apps from... How do I get back in there? The Bundle page shows only the option to buy it again.. And the e-mail receipt doesn't have any links in it, just the licenses. Any ideas?

March 25, 2009 2:34 am
Axis360

Axis360

Tinkerer

21 posts

cant count on anything- apps wrong and points mean nada, oh wo is me oh darn oh shazbot- back into my heisthole

Axisfull time. If you don't do it today, you will be a day older when you do!

March 25, 2009 2:36 am
emannolie

emannolie

Tinkerer

from adasdf
43 posts

just wondering for all of the locked apps are they openeded retroactively to those who bought them early

March 25, 2009 2:36 am
treyd1

treyd1

Gearhead

from Real Name
56 posts

Hmm, I was hoping someone here would know what the points were for...

March 25, 2009 2:37 am
Chesfield

Chesfield

Automaton Tech

from Connecticut
218 posts

patej wrote:

Weird, I lost the page to download the apps from... How do I get back in there? The Bundle page shows only the option to buy it again.. And the e-mail receipt doesn't have any links in it, just the licenses. Any ideas?

Check you email and click on any app and you'll download it!

To Knowledge!

March 25, 2009 2:37 am

wackyvorlon

Urchin

1 posts

It seems when I try to purchase, the buy page forwards to a blank page.  I've tried in both safari and firefox with no luck.  Anyone else having trouble?

March 25, 2009 2:38 am
akjeter

akjeter

Tinkerer

from NY
24 posts

Also it says the total is 584 I think and its a lot more in reality.

http://www.backstagegfx.com

March 25, 2009 2:38 am
mwhogan

mwhogan

Big Game Hunter

from Dallas, TX
794 posts

Chesfield wrote:

Why does the main page say 14 apps? Even with the board games it is only 13.

There was a free download during the live show...EventBox... then, if you get two people to buy the bundle through your recommendation email, you get two more, so there's actually a total of 16.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." -- Victor Hugo

March 25, 2009 2:39 am
celse7en

celse7en

Gearhead

from Chestnut Hill, MA
55 posts

emannolie wrote:

just wondering for all of the locked apps are they openeded retroactively to those who bought them early

I would believe, yes, based on the phrasing of the $100k unlock and previous heists.

nom.nom.nom.
Twitter - pixelheresy

March 25, 2009 2:40 am
elDaz2

elDaz2

Automaton Tech

from Montreal, Qc
341 posts

That bundle impress me ! congrats !!

Macheist team: Green Monkeys™ Thanks to jmk2012 and Yummy who used my referral (They both also got their 2 ! -> links removed from sig !)

March 25, 2009 2:41 am
cmason

cmason

Sky Pirate

from Toronto, Canada
1,344 posts

mwhogan wrote:

There was a free download during the live show...EventBox... then, if you get two people to buy the bundle through your recommendation email, you get two more, so there's actually a total of 16.

Ah, yes, I just got home when the broadcast was ending, so I did download eventbox.  However, I missed any info about referals.  What are these 2 apps?  Thanks.

March 25, 2009 2:48 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,767 posts

What the heck were the points for?  Or rather, why have they not been explained to us?!

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

March 25, 2009 2:55 am
Jesus Freaks

Jesus Freaks

Tinkerer

from No idea
29 posts

What are points for?! Please Macheist, just tell us if you're going to reveal them, please... :'( and also what are teams?

Thank you.

We're lost but we're making good time!
                                      -Yogi Bera (not to be confused with Yogi Bear who siad, "Hey booboo bear!")
Go Green Monkeys!!!!!!

March 25, 2009 2:59 am
Jenneil

Jenneil

Automaton Tech

483 posts

cmason wrote:

Ah, yes, I just got home when the broadcast was ending, so I did download eventbox.  However, I missed any info about referals.  What are these 2 apps?  Thanks.

1 referral = Ambrosia's Pop-Pop
2 referral = Koingo Utility Package (with 13 more apps)

You wont see this until you order and get to the receipt page

DropBox referral Link

March 25, 2009 3:24 am
cmason

cmason

Sky Pirate

from Toronto, Canada
1,344 posts

Jenneil wrote:
cmason wrote:

Thank you kindly!

March 25, 2009 3:30 am

jasonhudnutt

Urchin

3 posts

What do I do if I don't get the email but the payment posted on my account?

March 25, 2009 3:38 am
Jenneil

Jenneil

Automaton Tech

483 posts

Wow!!! That is all I can say. If I add up all my applications obtained throughout the heist and now the bundle it equates to less than 1 Dollar per application.

You can't beat that!

Macheist = $1 Apps

DropBox referral Link

March 25, 2009 3:38 am
Jenneil

Jenneil

Automaton Tech

483 posts

jasonhudnutt wrote:

What do I do if I don't get the email but the payment posted on my account?

They said it could take up to 24 hours to get the email. Sorry sad

DropBox referral Link

March 25, 2009 3:39 am
kcar

kcar

Tinkerer

from Right behind you...
33 posts

Great bundle, great price, great charities getting our support. Thanks Directorate!

Anyone for Bovril?

March 25, 2009 3:44 am

jasonhudnutt

Urchin

3 posts

oh ok, thats fine. I am im...errr patient.... I can wait wink

realdigital

realdigital

Tinkerer

from vienna
13 posts

looks great!
can't wait to get espresso smile

thx guys!

best,
rd

abeckstrom

abeckstrom

Big Game Hunter

from Houston, TX
547 posts

Best heist evah!  Looks like another big win MacHeist.  Thanks for the ride :-)

slighty insightful | tweets | MacHeisters

Maybe a Dingoo Ate Your Baby | Secrets | Doppelgängers | iPhone Fail | Don't Drink That

March 25, 2009 3:45 am
singhnarender79

singhnarender79

Big Game Hunter

from Pune, India
573 posts

Jenneil wrote:
cmason wrote:

Thanks for the info. smile

I can only please one person each day, Today is not your day, Tomorrow doesn't look good either...

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 25, 2009 3:52 am
JoelAnderson

JoelAnderson

Gearhead

52 posts

MacHeist 3 was a lot of fun.  I was somewhat disappointed with the apps in the bundle at first, but then I realized, "heck I got a bunch of free apps already, some of the apps in the bundle are things I would actually use, and the others I can give a try, plus with such a large percentage going to charity, I really have nothing to complain about!"  Thanks MacHeist, for the bundle and the heisting fun.  And thanks to the MacHeist community, it's been fun solving heists and worry about points and working as teams together!

Edit:  After trying out some of the apps that I had thought I couldn't care less about, I can honestly say they were way better than I expected!

ΜακΗειστ

March 25, 2009 3:53 am
pamhlee

pamhlee

Tinkerer

from Chicago
23 posts

I was disappointed as well.  But then I decided I'd try some of the apps and see if I like using them.

There can be only one

March 25, 2009 3:56 am
AdrianRodriguez

AdrianRodriguez

Automaton Tech

from Arkansas
133 posts

I was worrying for a bit, because I was looking for a good code editor. Espresso was the winner for me, followed by:

BoinxTV
Little Snapper
World of Goo and
Kinemac

Plus that's an unbeatable price.

{ Recently Update My Portfolio: Check it out }

March 25, 2009 3:58 am
mil

mil

Sky Pirate

1,273 posts

I'm disappointed with the "locked apps" trick with no specific target mentioned. That sucks twice as much as locked apps with fixed targets.

Anyway, I bought the bundle and I sincerely hope Hit List and Espresso get unlocked.

SpiderOak - get an additional 1GB space for free when you sign up from this link. I'm late to the SpiderOak referral party. big_smile

March 25, 2009 3:58 am
dlehman

dlehman

Urchin

9 posts

Are there any details as to the type of licenses for each software app? Is it safe to assume licenses include free point upgrades (ie. v1.2 -> 1.3) but not major upgrades? (eg. v2.0 -> v3.0) In previous bundles, some apps had weird license that were *only* for that specific version-- if you upgraded *at all* you lost the license.

Anyways, anyone know what type of license is included with each app in the bundle?

March 25, 2009 4:01 am

calvinc

Urchin

2 posts

I am disappointed with the app selection. Price is great but poor choice in apps. Why the F include an app like Acorn when MacHeist delivered Pixelmator in the last bundle? What is the point?!

Its about time MacHeist started delivering bundles targeted at different audiences. Commercial / Developer / Gaming.

March 25, 2009 4:07 am
AdrianRodriguez

AdrianRodriguez

Automaton Tech

from Arkansas
133 posts

mil wrote:

I'm disappointed with the "locked apps" trick with no specific target mentioned. That sucks twice as much as locked apps with fixed targets.

Anyway, I bought the bundle and I sincerely hope Hit List and Espresso get unlocked.

You and me both.

{ Recently Update My Portfolio: Check it out }

March 25, 2009 4:08 am
somwicked

somwicked

Tinkerer

from Holland, MI
11 posts

It would be nice to know the unlock levels for the other apps - especially Espresso and the Hit List.

I already own apps that work in place of these (pixelmator, coda, things) own a few already in the bundle (little snapper, phoneview) and really have no use for the others.

Feeling kinda torn.

hahahahaha

March 25, 2009 4:14 am
kopeor

kopeor

Tinkerer

from Canada
44 posts

Just bought it, couple good things. Hoping evereything gets unlocked asap.

Be cool if the points had something to do with bonus amount of donations to the charity. Like a cent for each point for the winning team or something along those lines.

March 25, 2009 4:18 am
DCBrit

DCBrit

Tinkerer

27 posts

I logged on on a PC at work for the broadcast so I didn't download Eventbox, is there any way to pick it up now?

March 25, 2009 4:20 am
aplzrg

aplzrg

Tinkerer

46 posts

akjeter wrote:

umm, what were points for?

ya exactly?????

Purple!!!
Thanks for buying through my link!

My YouTube Page

March 25, 2009 4:26 am
mollita

mollita

Gearhead

from San Francisco Bay Area
86 posts

Me, too.  Work PCs suck. Excited about Espresso.  And hope we get to Hit List.  Thanks, MacHeist!!

Thank you MacHeist for the big-bundle-happiness

March 25, 2009 4:29 am
Dreamroguer

Dreamroguer

Tinkerer

10 posts

Great selection with good variety ...  Thanks Directorate!

March 25, 2009 4:43 am
bowlingb

bowlingb

Automaton Tech

from underneath your bed
206 posts

akjeter wrote:

P.S. I don't see the 100,000 mark being reached but maybe a lot of people just aren't on right now.

I wouldn't worry about it.  The page says 14 apps for $39.  If they were to turn around later and say "oh, sorry, you can only have 10 apps" the FTC would be all over them like white on rice.

March 25, 2009 4:44 am
DBednarz

DBednarz

Automaton Tech

from London, UK
234 posts

Follow http://www.macheist.com/revealshow/ if you've missed the show. Eventbox on it as well!!!!

"Nobody has tried to swallow us since I've been here. I think they are afraid how we would taste."
-- Apple shareholder meeting, April 22, 1998

March 25, 2009 4:45 am
DJ2008

DJ2008

Tinkerer

from Minnesota
18 posts

Great program - great charities! I probably would've bought the bundle just because it is for a good cause, but, I think there will be a few things I will really use alot. Thank you! And for all the hard work that went into the heists, too!

March 25, 2009 4:50 am
sheldonc

sheldonc

Automaton Tech

129 posts

Is the bundle show put up anywhere for us late-arrivers?

"What? No small-talk? No chit-chat? That's the trouble with the world these days. Nobody takes the time to do a real sinister interrogation. It's a lost art." - James Bond, Goldeneye

March 25, 2009 4:55 am
DaddyRobyn

DaddyRobyn

Automaton Tech

from Port Moody
112 posts

Thanks Hacheist.  Great job.  Love the bundle, love the loot.

I Love My Wife!

March 25, 2009 4:57 am

BrianS

Tinkerer

from Toronto
37 posts

Hey, the missions were fun, but the bundle is very underwhelming.

March 25, 2009 4:57 am
gthor0128

gthor0128

Urchin

from Kirkland WA
4 posts

It would be nice to even complete the purchase of the bundle! Go Daddy is craping out when I try and purchase! So much for wanting to take my money!

March 25, 2009 5:05 am
jdhoss

jdhoss

Big Game Hunter

from Minnesota
963 posts

Great Apps, Great Price, I'm now just waiting for them all to unlock.

Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. - Benjamin Disraeli
BundleSite.com
Twitter
JD's Complete MacHeist Desktop Wallpaper Collection

March 25, 2009 5:05 am
MacHeist Forums » The Front » ✪ The MacHeist 3 Bundle Unveiled!

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?