Forums

Special deals on Mac apps

MacHeist Forums » Deals Around the Web » Special deals on Mac apps
silla

silla

Automaton Tech

160 posts

I thought I'd start a thread where everyone can post any deals they've found on Mac applications (excluding ones on macZOT and MUPromo of course). Here are two I found:

Application: StoryMill
Discount price: $29.95
Regular price: $44.95
Expiry date: May 1

Application: VectorDesigner (the link is on this page - it's a SCO offer so I didn't think it would be right to just post the url of the store page)
Discount price: $59.95
Regular price: $69.95
Expiry date: May 23

Best Mac Games | Reviews and deals on games for Mac

April 28, 2008 10:24 pm
Chriswan

Chriswan

Sky Pirate

from Jakarta, Indonesia
1,194 posts

Pzizz

Coupon: TWIT (25% OFF)

Don't know when will it expired. It's been there for ages and still valid until now

Thanks a Lot

April 29, 2008 1:32 am
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

Good idea.  I'll be on the lookout for stuff.  Daring Fireball has discounts from time to time. 

DEVON-technologies has one when you click on their podcast link:
Receive 25% off of all Devon-Technologies software
http://www.devon-technologies.com/podcasts
(i clicked on it and it does work, but not sure about upgrades...i'm sending an email to them to see if the coupon applies to an upgrade from DEVONthink Personal - in the MH retail bundle - to the Infoworker's Bundle which includes DEVONthink Pro and DEVONagent)

You've just read my signature

May 4, 2008 5:02 am
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

FYI, I got a response from DEVON regarding the 25% off promo.  They said it is only good for new purchases, not for upgrades.   sad
Cheers.

May 6, 2008 2:50 am
jer2665

jer2665

Big Game Hunter

from South Windsor, CT
800 posts

if anyone finds a deal on ibank do please let me know tongue  I keep talking myself out of it as i own chaching and money, both of which have stuff i don't like, chaching 2 could be promising, but i'm impatient, but not $60 impatient

My twitter

May 6, 2008 3:04 am
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM

Automaton Tech

453 posts

I've got one for Disco, pm me if you want it.

Go GREEN!

May 6, 2008 2:16 pm
silla

silla

Automaton Tech

160 posts

Apparently if you join the ExpanDrive group on Facebook, you can get it for $9 instead of $29

May 6, 2008 2:20 pm
ben.mcmahan

ben.mcmahan

Automaton Tech

from Mostly Tucson
455 posts

silla wrote:

Apparently if you join the ExpanDrive group on Facebook, you can get it for $9 instead of $29

i can confirm this.

Whatcha got ain't nothin new. This country's hard on people, you can't stop what's coming, it ain't all waiting on you.

That's vanity.

May 6, 2008 5:20 pm
silla

silla

Automaton Tech

160 posts

YummySoup is having a 25% off sale for Mothers Day. I use it and it's great, I just hope it will continue to be updated even though the dev is now working on Cookbook (a rival recipe app) hmm

May 6, 2008 8:43 pm
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

Here's a couple from Surf-Bits Mac ReviewCast:

Get 15% off BitClamp by using the Code “SURFBITS” at crimsonskysoftware.com.

ScreenCastsOnline Extra!  The usual cost for the full 6 month membership is only $49 (then $25 for every 6 months thereafter) but they can get a 15% discount by using the coupon code MRC2008 bringing it down to $41.65 for the full six months. It's at screencastsonline.com/extra

Cheers!  tongue

May 7, 2008 8:15 am
cmturner2

cmturner2

Automaton Tech

from Apex, NC
239 posts

I didn't see any way to use the code for BitClamp - am I missing something?

Nice deal on SCO.

Aquila Non Captat Muscas.
Kill for Life. Hate for Love. War for Peace.
The Darkness better defines the Light.

May 7, 2008 12:41 pm
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

cmturner2 wrote:

No, that's different than it used to be...I used that link a few weeks ago.  I double-checked to make sure my reference was correct, and it was listed just this week, so should be good.  I just sent them an email asking about it, and I'll post the answer back here.

May 8, 2008 12:12 am
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

DEVON-technologies has sponsored Daring Fireball's RSS feed this week, so you can get 25% off any DEVON product using this link:
http://www.devon-technologies.com/blogs/index.html

I found a couple of good videocasts about integration with LaunchBar and DEVONthink.  It's worth watching for all you LaunchBar fans out there.
http://www.opensignals.com/opensignals/ … onthi.html

Cheers!

May 9, 2008 7:35 pm
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

cmturner2 wrote:

Got an email back from Danny Greg, the dev, and he said since they moved to FastForward Software, the promo box disappeared.  He apologized for "this huge oversight" and gave me his Paypal address to send a payment of $17 (discounted from $19.95).  If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll send you the info.
Cheers!

May 12, 2008 7:59 pm
cmturner2

cmturner2

Automaton Tech

from Apex, NC
239 posts

No worries, I went ahead and purchased it for $20. I've been meaning to pick it up for a while, so this thread was more of a reminder to get off my keister and do it.

Aquila Non Captat Muscas.
Kill for Life. Hate for Love. War for Peace.
The Darkness better defines the Light.

May 12, 2008 11:03 pm
DannyCSS

DannyCSS

Gearhead

61 posts

Hey guys, Danny here (developer of BitClamp).
Cheers for the interest in BitClamp and sorry about the coupon issues, it appears in our move to FastForward we completely overlooked the coupons! I make no excuses it was just plain dumb.
Im talking to the guys at FastForward about getting coupon support back but it looks like it could be a while (they don't support coupon codes for any of their products). In the meantime you can contact me direct and I will give you details of how to claim the discount - or pm ladyvolcc :-).

As for the windows version. Its coming but I've hit a couple of walls. I'm expecting a beta release soon.

I'm also working on Latitude with Sebastiaan de With and Leonardo Cassarani. It appears it hasn't been mentioned around here before, check out http://www.latitudebrowser.com.

Ok end of publicity :-). Thanks for your patience.

May 13, 2008 7:09 am
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

Thanks a bunch Danny!  We appreciate you coming over and filling us in. smile
Cheers!

May 13, 2008 10:48 am
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

1Password users get 20% off TextExpander thru June 15, 2008.  Thanks to our buddies at 1Password and SmileOnMyMac for this special.

Use the following link and start enjoying the power of TextExpander! 
http://www.smileonmymac.com/1Password/

June 3, 2008 9:50 am
emorydunn

emorydunn

Dirigible Captain

from Savannah, Georgia
3,484 posts

Not really software (actually, not software at all) but very Mac related is the Elgato EyeTV. They have a 10% off discount for finding a 404 page error. It only is for hardware, but the hardware comes with software... so it kinda applies.

Website || Twitter || 500px

June 3, 2008 10:52 pm
spyker3292

spyker3292

Sky Pirate

from WI
1,728 posts

emorydunn wrote:

Not really software (actually, not software at all) but very Mac related is the Elgato EyeTV. They have a 10% off discount for finding a 404 page error. It only is for hardware, but the hardware comes with software... so it kinda applies.

I love ETV smile. I used that 10% code on the ETV3 upgrade, did they change it?

Tweet! | Flickr
Go Green Monkeys Go!

June 3, 2008 11:02 pm
boboboe

boboboe

from Eastern Canada
2,356 posts

ladyvolcc wrote:

1Password users get 20% off TextExpander thru June 15, 2008.  Thanks to our buddies at 1Password and SmileOnMyMac for this special.

Use the following link and start enjoying the power of TextExpander! 
http://www.smileonmymac.com/1Password/

I've been looking for a time to purchase it, so now is the time!

Flickr

June 4, 2008 1:04 am
jer2665

jer2665

Big Game Hunter

from South Windsor, CT
800 posts

boboboe wrote:

I've been looking for a time to purchase it, so now is the time!

yeah, I got it when they were doing some other 20% off the price, for some reason that seems like just the right amount for me to buy it tongue

I love it now, set a few common misspellings, and then downloaded their snippets they have for html and css, which are great for when I'm not in textmate, though some of their autocorrect getting annoying, but as long as you import it as editable you can remove the stupid ones.

Huge fan of it, and find myself hearing the little bubble sound as it fixes my common misspellings like teh

My twitter

June 4, 2008 3:01 am
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

1Password Discount
For you guys who have been wanting to pick up 1Password when it 's discounted, here it is!  The folks at iSlayer, makers of iStat, have a link on their website which gives you a 20% discount.  A note on the website says that "for a limited time, 1Password for iPhone/iPod Touch will be included for FREE when you purchase 1Password". 
So grab it while you can.  When you click the "add to cart" button, the discounted price shows up.   
Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/5guf7r

June 7, 2008 10:36 am
Rmediavilla

Rmediavilla

Tinkerer

from Puerto Rico
40 posts

Also you can buy Sandvox (standard version) for 41 bucks with coupon code MySkitch (coupon also works for the pro version), I bought a couple of weeks ago, don't know if it still works.

JuST RaFy

Stalk me - http://www.twitter.com/Rmediavilla
Blog me - http://www.rafaelmediavilla.com/

June 7, 2008 11:17 am
repete

repete

Automaton Tech

124 posts

emorydunn wrote:

Elgato online store now shows 10% off until 6/16/2008.

Time, how short.

June 7, 2008 12:26 pm
Chriswan

Chriswan

Sky Pirate

from Jakarta, Indonesia
1,194 posts

jer2665 wrote:

Huge fan of it, and find myself hearing the little bubble sound as it fixes my common misspellings like teh

Yeah I love it too, I use it for signatures, e-mail templates, names, etc

my only complain is that it could take a lot of memory if there's plenty of snippets

SmileOnMyMac provide free licenses of their products for non-profit organizations

And you can visit http://www.mupromo.com/software.php, for MacUpdate's extended (with smaller discounts, typically 15-30% off the normal price) previous daily deals

Thanks a Lot

June 7, 2008 1:32 pm
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

Here's a couple more for you guys.

MacFreelance from MacWare
15% discount thru June 30
code:  15ALL
(I'm told this might work with MacWare's other apps as well, but haven't tried it)
http://www.macxware.com/

Toast 9 Titanium from Roxio
10% discount thru August 31
code: ANNIVERSARY
http://www.roxio.com/enu/default.html

Please take a minute and jot down promo codes for your fellow heisters as you're reading thru blogs and whatnot.  Saving a few bucks might be the difference between buying and not buying an app for a lot of people. 

Cheers!

June 8, 2008 11:45 am
boboboe

boboboe

from Eastern Canada
2,356 posts

Not software but books:

Ordering books through Apple, use the coupon code springbooks for 20% off your total.

Flickr

June 8, 2008 3:06 pm
Chriswan

Chriswan

Sky Pirate

from Jakarta, Indonesia
1,194 posts

This promo supposed to be ended on May 28th, but the link seems to be still valid until now, don't know when it will be expired

link removed, offer expired

Upgrade from PulpMotion to PulpMotion Advanced only for 45 bucks instead of the normal 85 bucks

Thanks a Lot

June 9, 2008 9:57 am
justG

justG

Sky Pirate

from LI, NY, US
1,639 posts

Chriswan wrote:

Upgrade from PulpMotion to PulpMotion Advanced only for 45 bucks instead of the normal 85 bucks

Okay, that was awesome. Done. Thanks for the link!

June 9, 2008 10:42 am
Chriswan

Chriswan

Sky Pirate

from Jakarta, Indonesia
1,194 posts

your welcome

Thanks a Lot

June 10, 2008 2:43 am
silla

silla

Automaton Tech

160 posts

Give Good Food to your Mac - a bunch of discounted apps "for developers". The promotion ends June 23rd.

June 10, 2008 6:58 am
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

http://creativebits.org/files/xtralean-promo.png

Father's Day special over at XtraLean Software from now until Fathers Day (15th) They are offering a special deal on two great apps.

Buy Shutterbug at the discounted rate of $29.95 (normally $39.95) and receive ImageWell (normally $19.95) absolutely FREE!

ImageWell allows you to Edit and Send your pictures, screenshots and other files to anyone, anywhere with one simple click of a button! Batch process your images, layer multiple images, label your screenshots, add drop shadows, shapes and borders, save your favorite styles, and much more.

Shutterbug is a template-based Web editor that also allows you FULL WYSIWYG control that allows you to get a site up in a hurry. Photo albums, movies, journals, image rollovers, contact forms and a selection of more than 80 fully customizable free themes. Create a simple online gallery or go all the way with a full featured website.

I can't vouch for Shutterbug myself, but its a 5 star rated app over at MacUpdate (ImageWell is rated 4 and a half stars) . I have been using ImageWell daily for years now, its a awesome little app smile

I'm feeling old

June 11, 2008 12:04 pm
silla

silla

Automaton Tech

160 posts

MacJournal is selling for $24.95 until June 16th ($10 off)

[Moderator's note: silla used HTML instead of BBCode, so I just fixed it up so the link would be a link. Hope you don't mind, silla! -G]

June 12, 2008 4:27 pm
silla

silla

Automaton Tech

160 posts

[Moderator's note: silla used HTML instead of BBCode, so I just fixed it up so the link would be a link. Hope you don't mind, silla! -G]

Lol, I was just coming to fix it now ^^'

Thanks for doing it for me wink

June 12, 2008 4:36 pm
justG

justG

Sky Pirate

from LI, NY, US
1,639 posts

MacJournal is an *excellent* application, and Dan Schimpf (developer) provides wonderful support. He's very receptive to feedback and anyone can test the betas. I evaluated three blogging tools side by side: Ecto (3 beta), MarsEdit and MacJournal (5 beta). I liked some things about Ecto, but overall the workflow didn't suit me and I quickly trashed it. To this day I cannot choose between MarsEdit and MacJournal, so I bought and use both.

June 12, 2008 4:41 pm
silla

silla

Automaton Tech

160 posts

justG wrote:

MacJournal is an *excellent* application, and Dan Schimpf (developer) provides wonderful support. He's very receptive to feedback and anyone can test the betas. I evaluated three blogging tools side by side: Ecto (3 beta), MarsEdit and MacJournal (5 beta). I liked some things about Ecto, but overall the workflow didn't suit me and I quickly trashed it. To this day I cannot choose between MarsEdit and MacJournal, so I bought and use both.

Personally I prefer Ecto for blogging. I also own MacJournal, but it's not easy to use for blogging - it tended to mess up my posts, and it really needs to be able to use HTML to compete with the other desktop blogging clients. I find it works better at just being a journal.

MarsEdit is also great for blogging, but while MacJournal is just WYSIWYG MarsEdit is just HTML. I like having the option to choose whichever one I want, or to toggle between the two methods - so my choice for blogging is Ecto.

That said, I love using MacJournal to plan my posts or make lists of things to post about. If you try out the demo, just remember to customize the toolbar - there are a ton of options you probably won't notice otherwise.

June 12, 2008 4:57 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,890 posts

artist-illustrator.net wrote:

http://creativebits.org/files/xtralean-promo.png

Father's Day special over at XtraLean Software from now until Fathers Day (15th) They are offering a special deal on two great apps.

Buy Shutterbug at the discounted rate of $29.95 (normally $39.95) and receive ImageWell (normally $19.95) absolutely FREE!

I really wish XtraLean would offer even a small discount on ImageWell - oh well. I actually like it a lot too, and I find myself going back to it even though I've assembled a bevy of apps (Pixelmator, GC, Skitch beta) which theoretically could do a better job than it over the years.

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

June 12, 2008 6:35 pm
slyreptile

slyreptile

Gearhead

from AZ
83 posts

Wish I hadn't seen this thread.  I just ended up spending over $100 for PulpMotion (and the upgrade) and MacJournal.  Thanks alot!  smile

Insert Signature Here

June 12, 2008 7:07 pm
justG

justG

Sky Pirate

from LI, NY, US
1,639 posts

silla wrote:

I also own MacJournal, but it's not easy to use for blogging - it tended to mess up my posts, and it really needs to be able to use HTML to compete with the other desktop blogging clients. I find it works better at just being a journal.

Wow, opposite opinion here. MacJournal for me is a quick tool for posting to Blogger. I love that I type and save and it's done. I dislike it as a journal because it's not flexible enough; for that I prefer Journler.

MarsEdit is also great for blogging, but while MacJournal is just WYSIWYG MarsEdit is just HTML.

Actually, I use Markdown in MarsEdit, I don't bother with either HTML or rich text editing.

For me the real test will come when I set up my own blog, for which I will want far more flexibility and control. I'll definitely have opportunity to re-evaluate these applications properly at that time. But having corresponded with both Dan Schimpf and Daniel Jalkut, I'm happy that I own licenses for both. =)

June 12, 2008 10:58 pm
jer2665

jer2665

Big Game Hunter

from South Windsor, CT
800 posts

sure do wish i bought marsedit when it was 20% off on macsanta.  doh.

My twitter

June 13, 2008 2:35 am
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

Not an app, per se, but one of my favorites.

ScreenCastsOnline is offering 15% discount off all new members joining thru the end of June. That brings the cost of a full six months membership down from $49 USD to  $41.65 USD.  Renewing for each additional six months is only $25 (the higher initial price is because you have immediate access to the entire library of past and present ScreenCasts). 

If you're interested, please use the following link:
http://www.screencastsonline.com/scoaff … p?id=359_1

The discount code is SCOJUNE.

BTW, there are recent 'casts of VectorDesigner, TextExpander, Evernote, and Fluid. Check them out!

June 20, 2008 7:26 pm
mtaylor

mtaylor

Big Game Hunter

755 posts

For what it's worth, I use macjournal, but not for journaling or blogging... I use it for taking notes in class (in tandem with some figure drawing programs and LaTeXiT service for typesetting equations).  Fantastic.

In communist russia, the normal force pushes on you!

June 20, 2008 11:47 pm
ozhab

ozhab

Automaton Tech

from Melbourne, Australia
132 posts

rampancy wrote:

I really wish XtraLean would offer even a small discount on ImageWell - oh well.

Consider your wish granted! ImageWell is MacZot's choice for the weekend, at half price no less! big_smile

Blog | Twitter

'I heard Tom Wolfe is speaking at Lincoln Center.
Well, of course we're going to throw poo at him.'

June 21, 2008 9:44 am
kodac

kodac

Automaton Tech

from Southern California
196 posts

Don't know if anyone would be interested but I just got Freeverse's Monty Mail and there were 2 discounts in there -

Legion Arena at a 25% discount if you enter LEG73 ($29.95 instead $39.95)
http://www.freeverse.com/games/game/?id=6001

Also a 1 yr subscription to Mac-Life (12 print issues and 12 digital issues) for 17.95
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/MCD/macli … g_code=MCD

Tired of friends filling up your Dropbox? Then try Copy w/ Fair Storage and get 20Gb when you use my referral link https://copy.com?r=VKrfCL

June 24, 2008 10:06 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,890 posts

ozhab wrote:
rampancy wrote:

I really wish XtraLean would offer even a small discount on ImageWell - oh well.

Consider your wish granted! ImageWell is MacZot's choice for the weekend, at half price no less! big_smile

Dammit. Of all the weekends I had to be away...

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

June 24, 2008 10:20 pm
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

FYI.  Just got an email from MacZot.  If anyone is interested in Journler, it's going to be the weekend Zot.  I've seen a lot of comments about it here, so thought I'd let you know.

June 27, 2008 9:18 am
silla

silla

Automaton Tech

160 posts

Write Brothers is giving a $50 discount on Movie Magic Screenwriter 6 at http://www.screenplay.com/p-29-movie-ma … er-6.aspx, and a $70 discount on Dramatica Pro at http://www.screenplay.com/p-13-dramatica-pro.aspx. They're also offering discounts on upgrades.

Offer ends June 30, so hurry if you're interested! wink

June 28, 2008 3:58 am
ben.mcmahan

ben.mcmahan

Automaton Tech

from Mostly Tucson
455 posts

+1 for journaler!!!  Great app!  I've been using it since it was freeware - but i use it as a field data collection notebook.  All of my interviews and fieldnotes are time and date stamped, and tagged.  very useful!!!

(note to the students out there...they have a student version for $20, so depending on what the zot price is)

Whatcha got ain't nothin new. This country's hard on people, you can't stop what's coming, it ain't all waiting on you.

That's vanity.

June 28, 2008 4:18 am
repete

repete

Automaton Tech

124 posts

DevonThink, including upgrades, is discounted 25% on July 1 and 2.  Also, a free upgrade to version 2.0 when it comes out.

http://www.devon-technologies.com/scripts/wordpress/

Time, how short.

June 30, 2008 5:29 pm
MacHeist Forums » Deals Around the Web » Special deals on Mac apps

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?