Forums

iConquer (didnt recive the email)

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » iConquer (didnt recive the email)
Matt1987

Matt1987

Urchin

from Rotterdam
9 posts

I saw that the serials was going to be mailed, but now it saids it has been mailt but i havent gotten anything. is there way to get the email? or something else?

I like Green

December 26, 2008 10:02 pm

jt3_jon

Urchin

2 posts

I'm in the same boat.

December 26, 2008 10:14 pm

nsteffen

Urchin

1 posts

The Kavasoft server seems to be down, I got the email but can't access the website. Guess they weren't ready for the traffic

December 26, 2008 10:15 pm

brygul

Urchin

2 posts

Same problem here - no email, even many hours after the tree tells me it has been sent. Any way to get the code online instead maybe?

December 27, 2008 12:10 am
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

KavaSoft is still generating the serial codes. It's taking a lot longer than expected because we got a lot more people to sign-up for the giving tree than we planned this year. We knocked their server out a bunch of times already.

There's a good chance that things will have a few more hitches, so if you don't get your code within a few days, report back here and we'll get it regenerated.

Thanks for your patience. It'll be worth the wait because it's a great game.

P.S. I'm still waiting for my code, too... no preferential treatment.

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

December 27, 2008 12:24 am
Matt1987

Matt1987

Urchin

from Rotterdam
9 posts

thanks for the info, and ill post later what has happent (i used up my demo time sad )

I like Green

December 27, 2008 12:52 am

brygul

Urchin

2 posts

OK, thanks for the update!

December 27, 2008 2:07 am
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Tinkerer

from Portugal
20 posts

Same here... Let's wait a few more days. wink

:: Green Team Proud Member ::

December 27, 2008 2:08 pm
Xianmusicfan

Xianmusicfan

Gearhead

from USA
60 posts

I haven't gotten my code either

Life's tough, get a helmet.

December 28, 2008 12:22 am
macmuse

macmuse

Big Game Hunter

from Pittsburgh-ish
580 posts

I'm in the "haven't gotten an email" group. Checked filters etc. nothing so far.

teh Blog / teh Twitter / Try Dropbox

December 28, 2008 12:26 am

sadmonkey

Urchin

1 posts

It's a great game but I haven't received the email and code sad

thanks,
sadmonkey

December 28, 2008 12:36 am

goldfische

Urchin

from Ohio
1 posts

No code here either, but hey... it's the holidays. Things are ALWAYS late this time of year. LOL! Hopefully things will get sorted out soon. Meanwhile, Merry (insert your holiday here) to one and all! smile

December 28, 2008 4:28 am

lantrix

Urchin

3 posts

In the same boat. Will wait it out.

December 28, 2008 6:58 am
emr

emr

Tinkerer

23 posts

iConquer code = the ultimate vapourware? I'm beginning to think this is all a marketing thing. Who'd heard of the game before the Tree, some probably had, I believe most hadn't. Now we're all posting about it daily and waiting for it like kingdom come. Nice trick!

December 28, 2008 8:07 am
Dermah

Dermah

Gearhead

from Australia
86 posts

emr wrote:

iConquer code = the ultimate vapourware? I'm beginning to think this is all a marketing thing. Who'd heard of the game before the Tree, some probably had, I believe most hadn't. Now we're all posting about it daily and waiting for it like kingdom come. Nice trick!

I'm going to be frank and just call you an idiot.

350,000 codes don't just generate instantly, especially if you are only ready for 100,000 codes to be generated.

I'm A Dinner Jacket

December 28, 2008 9:10 am
Dermah

Dermah

Gearhead

from Australia
86 posts

emr wrote:

350,000 codes don't just generate instantly, especially if you are only ready for 100,000 codes to be generated.

I'm A Dinner Jacket

December 28, 2008 9:10 am
emr

emr

Tinkerer

23 posts

Dermah wrote:

That's nice and frank indeed. I'm glad you're not an idiot.

Is that number official? I've never heard it anywhere.

December 28, 2008 9:26 am

Stargate4848

Urchin

1 posts

I´m also still waiting for the iConquer code...

December 28, 2008 2:44 pm
kalleboo

kalleboo

Staff

from Kagoshima, Japan
265 posts

Kavasoft are still sending out serials as fast as they can. Sending out this many emails takes a while (Consider one email transaction takes 1-2 seconds, and then remember that their email server also has to handle bounces, retries etc.)

Please be patient.

Everything is my fault

December 28, 2008 3:32 pm
WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Dirigible Captain

from a cliff in the arctic ocean.
2,847 posts

kalleboo wrote:

Please be patient.

We are - except for the vocal few (as can be seen by the length of this thread wink)

(favourite paradox) This page intentionally left blank.

December 28, 2008 3:51 pm
TODDMAN

TODDMAN

Urchin

from Derby, KS.
4 posts

WhiteFang:
"I am annoyed by animated avatars"

Too bad.

Later, TODDMAN
www.TODDMAN.com

December 28, 2008 10:57 pm

tmuller

Urchin

4 posts

kalleboo wrote:

Kavasoft are still sending out serials as fast as they can. Sending out this many emails takes a while (Consider one email transaction takes 1-2 seconds, and then remember that their email server also has to handle bounces, retries etc.)

Please be patient.

This is a lame duck excuse.  Any emailing system worth a CRAP should at least be able to do 3 million emails a day.  And no, I'm not talking about sendmail, it's a load of cruft mixed in with actual code.

December 29, 2008 1:19 am
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

tmuller wrote:
kalleboo wrote:

Please be patient.

This is a lame duck excuse.  Any emailing system worth a CRAP should at least be able to do 3 million emails a day.  And no, I'm not talking about sendmail, it's a load of cruft mixed in with actual code.

Neither you nor I know the details of their email system. This was the information we were given so it serves nobody to second-guess the developer here.

We've been overwhelmed with the amount of new people that the Giving Tree brought in so you pretty much have two choices at this point... be patient or go away. We're all doing the best we can, given the situation.

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

December 29, 2008 2:21 am
timm061

timm061

Urchin

1 posts

I'll gladly wait. Thanks, MacHeist!

December 29, 2008 5:19 am

Teaman

Urchin

from Oregon
3 posts

Thanks MacHeist!  And thanks to Kavasoft!!!
Anyone who complains about not getting such a great freebie because they can't be patient doesn't deserve to get it! (IMHO)

December 29, 2008 6:49 am
kblessinggr

kblessinggr

Automaton Tech

from Grand Rapids, Michigan
176 posts

I'm just curious if I'll get an email or not since I got this message:
"This license has been emailed to you and ought to arrive within 48 hours. "

Well "has been emailed" means it has already been sent out... so not sure why I haven't gotten it yet.

December 29, 2008 2:22 pm
jer2665

jer2665

Big Game Hunter

from South Windsor, CT
800 posts

no, macheist doesn't really have any way to keep that updated after that, basically it was mailed to kavasoft, and the expected time was 48 hours, but they're just having issues it's taking a little longer.  it would take them even longer if they let macheist know every email they've sent out so they can have that box updated.  cause a bit of overhead to both sites

My twitter

December 29, 2008 2:25 pm

justlisa

Urchin

1 posts

any word on the emails for iconquer.  I'm still waiting.  Starting to feel like a junkie waiting for a fix.
"first hit's free"...

December 30, 2008 2:04 am

anotherheist

Urchin

2 posts

My brother and I emailed Kavasoft to get registration numbers this evening.

I don't know if it made any difference, but I received my registration info just now.

My heist name starts with 'a' and his starts with 'd'...

December 30, 2008 5:39 am
srf1957

srf1957

Tinkerer

from NE Oregon
41 posts

Got the e mail with in a couple hours. Actually got 2 by accidently double clicking.
Just old risk board game on computer, you can beat the AI fairly easily because it doesn't gain up on the leader like real players would.

Member Green Team big_smile 

December 30, 2008 5:39 am
Sir Earff

Sir Earff

Urchin

7 posts

Anyone receive their email this week?  I am still waiting and have even emailed Kavasoft support, but have heard nothing.  = [

December 30, 2008 4:32 pm

naturalhigh

Urchin

1 posts

I also have the message with having been mailed the serial, but have not received it yet. But I guess maybe in the New Year! Not panicing yet.

December 30, 2008 8:17 pm

ralfch

Urchin

1 posts

Just another one waiting for the license code. But so far everything went straight with the rest of the christmas bundle. So lets wait a few more days.

By the way great idea thanks so far and a happy new year soon

December 30, 2008 9:49 pm
KillerX

KillerX

Urchin

from Arizona
7 posts

Still waiting, nothing yet. sad

December 30, 2008 11:05 pm
Sir Earff

Sir Earff

Urchin

7 posts

There is hope after all.  Yesterday I emailed kavasoft support explaining my (and everyone else's) problem.  I just received an email saying that they had received my request and I should have my license soon!  Can't wait.

December 31, 2008 1:34 am

anotherheist

Urchin

2 posts

From what I can tell, I guess the email to my brother just never made it (probably was just refused as spam somewhere along the line), but he did just get his license by emailing Kavasoft.  Andrew was able to help him out with getting it very quickly today.

December 31, 2008 2:09 am
Sir Earff

Sir Earff

Urchin

7 posts

Got it!

December 31, 2008 5:14 am

mrwarren

Urchin

1 posts

No sign of mine. It's been awhile and I have long since used up my 10 free games. Weak sauce. sad

December 31, 2008 6:09 am

franca_nz

Urchin

3 posts

looking for mine and my friend hasn't received one either. they sure are taking their time. what really frustrates me is that Phill Ryu confirmed on twitter that he got his license and was arranging a staff tournament. This happened Christmas day.

i'm no pro with software licensing, but why don't they do what the headline team did and that is to give everyone the same license.

December 31, 2008 7:54 am

gommm

Urchin

1 posts

I still haven't received the serial either.... :-(

December 31, 2008 10:55 am
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

They're coming. These "me neither" posts aren't helpful at this stage of the game. They know it's a widespread issue, and you'd much rather they be tending to it than reading these forums, so stop posting about it. Email the support address for Kavasoft if you haven't done so already, and wait. They're working on it.

PM me | Twitter

December 31, 2008 12:09 pm
Loufute

Loufute

Automaton Tech

from Belgium
215 posts

I received the serial smile

French speaker trying to improve his english, solve riddles and get free applications wink
...So, correct me wink
And, yeah, I'm orange smile

December 31, 2008 12:38 pm
TiltedCircle

TiltedCircle

Urchin

from clearwater, fl
1 posts

Ditto on the No Codez. Just add me to this list. Happy Holidays!

UX/UI Designer // http://www.TiltedCircle.com

December 31, 2008 3:21 pm
Dreamer_uk

Dreamer_uk

Automaton Tech

from UK
261 posts

Not pushing (happy to wait for free stuff) but can we have an official update please. Do kavasoft believe all done, or are we just to wait.

Thanks again for the giving tree.

Dare to keep your dreams alive, now in purple

Every New Beginning comes from some other beginnings end!
See Purples shine at the team site: www.macheist.co.uk

December 31, 2008 4:47 pm

LittleGreyMan

Tinkerer

22 posts

Me neither.

(just kidding, guys)

Cunning Wolf, did you get your serial after asking Kavasoft, or did you just wait for it to cross the ocean?

I guess overwhelming them with messages is not necessarily a good idea.

I'll second Dreamer_uk: thanks for the free stuff.

December 31, 2008 5:21 pm

Nailhead

Urchin

1 posts

I’m in the same boat (or steamship) and haven’t received a email even after waiting 4 days. Hopefully it will arrive soon as I like the game.

December 31, 2008 6:28 pm
emr

emr

Tinkerer

23 posts

jpdyson in a closed thread wrote:

We're not going to keep opening new threads about this. It's being fixed.

Sorry, but what exactly is being fixed? I haven't received my serial and I don't know if anyone has without contacting their support. And I still refuse to think that the answer is that we all (thousands, tens of thousands?) bombard their support. I know this is no longer a Directorate's problem, but until Kavassoft emails _all_ the serials again, it'll be hardly "fixed".

Has anyone lately got a serial without emailing their support?

December 31, 2008 10:45 pm
Dreamer_uk

Dreamer_uk

Automaton Tech

from UK
261 posts

emr,   

"""free stuff."""

as an IT support person, they could have any number of issues. give them time. Macheist has never let something like this go unresolved. even after the bundle was done, they sorted the speed download issue. And during the heists last year they worked with the publishers for mousepose to sort out free stuff then.

You'll get your serial, i realize it's frustrating but give them chance.
It is after all the holidays!

Dare to keep your dreams alive, now in purple

Every New Beginning comes from some other beginnings end!
See Purples shine at the team site: www.macheist.co.uk

December 31, 2008 11:03 pm
onions

onions

Urchin

5 posts

I didn't get mine either... *sniffle*

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

January 1, 2009 6:25 am
daba

daba

Big Game Hunter

from New Zealand
640 posts

jpdyson wrote:

Email the support address for Kavasoft if you haven't done so already, and wait. They're working on it.

I don't think that overloading them with support emails is going to do any good. it'll just slow everything down even more.

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” — Arthur C. Clarke. Sharing large files and backing them up using Dropbox is just like magic, and you can get 2.5 GB of free storage when you sign up for Dropbox with this link.

January 1, 2009 7:39 am

pozorjed

Urchin

2 posts

Hmm, still no mail sad

January 1, 2009 12:16 pm
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » iConquer (didnt recive the email)

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?