Forums

Tweetie Speculation

MacHeist Forums » The Front » Tweetie Speculation
ChickenStudios

ChickenStudios

Automaton Tech

from Wales, UK
172 posts

Tweetie just popped up on the list, currently locked though.

http://grab.by/2T44

http://www.chicken-studios.com

March 7, 2010 9:55 am

seeadler

Urchin

from Germany
3 posts

maybe it unlocks once macheist reaches a specific amount of tweetblast participants.
Although it is not showing up in my receipt

March 7, 2010 9:59 am
notyoubutme

notyoubutme

Automaton Tech

from Land of the windmills
374 posts

So I noticed. Would be nice to know at what conditions it will be included.
- when it gets unlocked
- and if the license continues to be valid when Tweetie 2 will surface

This combined with Ripit would be a dealmaker for me. For all those other app's, although they are not to bad, I have no use..

March 7, 2010 10:04 am
kombat wombat

kombat wombat

Gearhead

from your face
92 posts

2 twitter clients in two nanobundles? There's only so much twitter I can handle!

March 7, 2010 10:11 am

smooch1502

Urchin

8 posts

I missed out on twitterific last time, so i think its great bringing tweetie in this smile
This'll also make the bundle much better

March 7, 2010 10:27 am
BigMark

BigMark

Sky Pirate

from Kent, UK.
1,542 posts

Another great little app that I own, although the current version is feature limited compared to the competition.  I'm confident that v2 will bring it right back to the top of the best twitter apps though.

As far as pricing for upgrades to v2, there was some discussion a while ago that v2 will be a free upgrade.  In this Tweetie2 for iPhone TechCrunch article the author is reported as saying so.

"Brichter has also revealed that he is working on Tweetie 2 for Mac, and that it should be available shortly. He doesn’t give away too many details, but there are features such as syncing between the iPhone and Mac version. That will be a free upgrade if you already have a license for Tweetie for the Mac."

So looks like it'll be good news, but don't blame MacHeist if it's not, Loot is often version upgrade limited smile

Mark.

March 7, 2010 10:58 am

seeadler

Urchin

from Germany
3 posts

it's gone !?

March 7, 2010 11:05 am
BigMark

BigMark

Sky Pirate

from Kent, UK.
1,542 posts

It has gone now , but I saw it on the site too

Perhaps a little slip up by the Website Devs?

Perhaps once the Tweetblast is over all of us who participated will be getting a Tweetie licence, whereas those who didn't Tweet won't?  They'll no doubt post that they've been ripped off, and that they would have participated had they known they'd get Tweetie for their troubles...

Don't you just love speculation?

Mark.

March 7, 2010 11:12 am
Dreamer_uk

Dreamer_uk

Automaton Tech

from UK
261 posts

but not forgotten

Dare to keep your dreams alive, now in purple

Every New Beginning comes from some other beginnings end!
See Purples shine at the team site: www.macheist.co.uk

March 7, 2010 11:15 am
Vanilla-Gorilla

Vanilla-Gorilla

Automaton Tech

from Germany, Berlin
125 posts

Tweetie would be nice. Because Twitterific was not that good for me. But now it is gone from the Front. Hopefully it was a "sneak-peek" wink

Team Green Monkeys™: "It's monkey business!!!"
Support the Sea of Green: "Democracy for Iran"

March 7, 2010 11:33 am
gemmes

gemmes

Big Game Hunter

665 posts

BigMark wrote:

Perhaps a little slip up by the Website Devs?

Thats what they want you to think.

FREE Dropbox Storage Use link for EXTRA space for you and me. big_smile
15.4" 2.5GHz 4GB MacBook Pro, 32GB iPhone 3GS

March 7, 2010 12:12 pm
ChickenStudios

ChickenStudios

Automaton Tech

from Wales, UK
172 posts

Ohai Tweetie. iseewhatyoudidthere.

http://grab.by/2T8s

March 7, 2010 12:24 pm
dan.palmer

dan.palmer

Automaton Tech

from UK
314 posts

http://files.droplr.com/files/13166432/xXo8G.Safari1.png

Sneaky!

Update: Darn, beaten to it!

Follow me on Twitter
See where I am online

March 7, 2010 12:26 pm
sayam

sayam

Tinkerer

19 posts

From what I understand, Loren Brichter will use this nanoBundle or MH4 as a platform to launch Tweetie 2 for Mac!

March 7, 2010 12:34 pm

kendal

Urchin

1 posts

How do you figure that, sayam?

March 7, 2010 12:39 pm
DanyWho

DanyWho

Automaton Tech

from Germany
105 posts

There is a version 2 of Tweetie coming? Now that´s brilliant news no matter if I get it here or have to buy it.It´s the best Twitter client of all.

 Team Green Monkeys 

"Even thought Mac Users may be only 10% of market, always remember we are the top 10%." - Douglas Adams

March 7, 2010 12:41 pm
sayam

sayam

Tinkerer

19 posts

@kendal, I guess it's pretty obvious as Tweetie 2 for Mac is nowhere to be seen yet, when it was supposed to be released late last year...!

HINT: Loren isn't even entertaining any queries related to it. wink

March 7, 2010 12:44 pm
ChickenStudios

ChickenStudios

Automaton Tech

from Wales, UK
172 posts

Just a little something I found on twitter.

http://img20.yfrog.com/img20/3321/580.png

March 7, 2010 12:47 pm
wfoster

wfoster

Urchin

from Plymouth
3 posts

I really do hope Tweetie 2 gets released soon.

March 7, 2010 12:55 pm
maxwell

maxwell

Gearhead

from outthere,way outside o Yonkers
91 posts

If I were a dev, I use MacHeist nano bundle as an opportunity to debut an upgrade/new release.

Fried Green Tommy toes

March 7, 2010 3:00 pm

digitalfodder

Urchin

3 posts

damn, i was hoping tweetie would be released with this bundle! don't promote software not in the current bundle!

March 7, 2010 3:03 pm
cianmm

cianmm

Automaton Tech

from Dublin, Ireland
408 posts

maxwell wrote:

If I were a dev, I use MacHeist nano bundle as an opportunity to debut an upgrade/new release.

I wouldn't. I would release maybe two weeks BEFORE Macheist, so as many past users might buy upgrade licenses, then I would take part in a bundle to grab new people with the shiny newness of it.

Here comes my fourth season of MacHeist!

March 7, 2010 3:06 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

cianmm wrote:
maxwell wrote:

I wouldn't. I would release maybe two weeks BEFORE Macheist, so as many past users might buy upgrade licenses, then I would take part in a bundle to grab new people with the shiny newness of it.

Or offer a new version a week after MH is done and not provide upgrades to customers...oh, wait...

Website | Twitter

March 7, 2010 3:16 pm
cianmm

cianmm

Automaton Tech

from Dublin, Ireland
408 posts

Warbrain wrote:
cianmm wrote:
maxwell wrote:

Or offer a new version a week after MH is done and not provide upgrades to customers...oh, wait...

I decided that my one was the least of two dick moves. wink

March 7, 2010 3:18 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

cianmm wrote:
Warbrain wrote:
cianmm wrote:

It's happened before.

Website | Twitter

March 7, 2010 3:26 pm
narbertb

narbertb

Tinkerer

48 posts

Twitterific has been great for me.  But everything i read says tweetie is the best client and 2 should be awesome.  Tying that into a tweetblast or something for the nano will definitely put rapidweaver over the top.

Get 250 mg extra space by using this link https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTMwOTc0NDY5

March 7, 2010 3:36 pm
cianmm

cianmm

Automaton Tech

from Dublin, Ireland
408 posts

Warbrain wrote:

It's happened before.

I know, sadly. Can't remember who it was though. The SpeedDownload people? They made it right in the end though. For me, anyways.

March 7, 2010 3:36 pm

bor003

Automaton Tech

from A
232 posts

Warbrain wrote:
cianmm wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

It's happened before.

Atebits already said that it is a free upgrade from 1.x to 2.x so that won't happen

March 7, 2010 3:40 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

bor003 wrote:
Warbrain wrote:
cianmm wrote:

It's happened before.

Atebits already said that it is a free upgrade from 1.x to 2.x so that won't happen

I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm saying it HAS happened.

Sometimes I wonder...

Website | Twitter

March 7, 2010 3:42 pm
mud212

mud212

Big Game Hunter

from Dorothy's Oz
749 posts

cianmm wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

It's happened before.

I know, sadly. Can't remember who it was though. The SpeedDownload people? They made it right in the end though. For me, anyways.

That would be the Speed Download fiasco from the MH2 bundle. [s]Yazsoft actually released Speed Download 5 about a week before the bundle went on sale, but the people who bought the bundle got licenses for SD4.[/s] And they were pissed.

Edit: The problem was that Yazsoft allows a grace period for upgrades. If a product is updated, those who bought the older version within a certain amount of time would receive the upgrade free. The MH2 bundle fell under this grace period, but MacHeisters were not given the free upgrade to SD5. Thanks to Warbrain for clearing that up.

March 7, 2010 3:59 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

mud212 wrote:
cianmm wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

It's happened before.

That would be the Speed Download fiasco from the MH2 bundle. Yazsoft actually released Speed Download 5 about a week before the bundle went on sale, but the people who bought the bundle got licenses for SD4. And they were pissed.

No, if I recall it was released right after the bundle ended and they provided no upgrade path and never said that it would be that way.

Website | Twitter

March 7, 2010 4:00 pm
merlik

merlik

Automaton Tech

from Lehigh Acres, Forida
207 posts

Tweetie 2 could be very cool.  Not so impressed with the first version, but that is because I use Twitter for so many things.  Tweetdeck and Hootsuite have been my main clients of choice, but maybe Tweetie 2 will dethrone one or both?

Twitter Go Team Orange!

March 7, 2010 4:05 pm
cianmm

cianmm

Automaton Tech

from Dublin, Ireland
408 posts

I have moved over to Echofone, since it offers so many cool features like syncing between the iPhone and Desktop versions. But if Tweetie set this up, I would move back in a flash.

March 7, 2010 4:07 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

cianmm wrote:

I have moved over to Echofone, since it offers so many cool features like syncing between the iPhone and Desktop versions. But if Tweetie set this up, I would move back in a flash.

I go back and forth all the time. My only issue with Echofon on the iPhone is that it lags and locks up whenever you refresh. So annoying.

And relating to the Yazsoft issue - it was that they had a grace period where if you bought SD4 you got SD5 for nothing. We were in that grace period and they didn't want to give us access to that offer because they claimed they were only required to offer SD4.

Website | Twitter

March 7, 2010 4:10 pm
mud212

mud212

Big Game Hunter

from Dorothy's Oz
749 posts

Warbrain wrote:

And relating to the Yazsoft issue - it was that they had a grace period where if you bought SD4 you got SD5 for nothing. We were in that grace period and they didn't want to give us access to that offer because they claimed they were only required to offer SD4.

Ah, yeah, that was it. Quite the firestorm ensued. Point is, the MacHeist folks were raked over the coals a few dozen times for that, and I'd hope the experience was painful enough for them to ensure that suck dickery wouldn't happen again.

March 7, 2010 4:19 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

mud212 wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

Ah, yeah, that was it. Quite the firestorm ensued. Point is, the MacHeist folks were raked over the coals a few dozen times for that, and I'd hope the experience was painful enough for them to ensure that suck dickery wouldn't happen again.

They were raked over the coals as well as Yazsoft. Yazsoft did not come out of that well. I still refuse to use their products.

Website | Twitter

March 7, 2010 4:24 pm
ne0

ne0

Automaton Tech

from 127.0.0.1
328 posts

Warbrain wrote:
mud212 wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

They were raked over the coals as well as Yazsoft. Yazsoft did not come out of that well. I still refuse to use their products.

At least Yazsoft offered 2 licenses for the price of one in the upgrade and free upgrade to SD6 which I still doubt I will get included

Team Orange!
twitter | digg | site

March 7, 2010 4:32 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

ne0 wrote:
Warbrain wrote:
mud212 wrote:

At least Yazsoft offered 2 licenses for the price of one in the upgrade and free upgrade to SD6 which I still doubt I will get included

That was after they had fought for a while. Doesn't meant they're a good company. I still think they're a bunch of assholes.

Website | Twitter

March 7, 2010 4:34 pm
badams_mh

badams_mh

Urchin

9 posts

BigMark wrote:

Perhaps once the Tweetblast is over all of us who participated will be getting a Tweetie licence, whereas those who didn't Tweet won't?  They'll no doubt post that they've been ripped off, and that they would have participated had they known they'd get Tweetie for their troubles...

Or perhaps exactly the opposite. All the tweetblasters clearly already can twitter, so how about a shiny app to get the non-tweeters twittering before MH4 rolls around and a full-scale tweetblast is called for...

March 7, 2010 4:36 pm
RyanPlugs

RyanPlugs

Tinkerer

19 posts

badams_mh wrote:
BigMark wrote:

Or perhaps exactly the opposite. All the tweetblasters clearly already can twitter, so how about a shiny app to get the non-tweeters twittering before MH4 rolls around and a full-scale tweetblast is called for...

I can kind of see the idea, but if the people not joining in the tweetblast can't bother to make a twitter account, which takes all of 2 minutes tops, I doubt their going to be the target market for a payed for dedicated app.

March 7, 2010 4:43 pm

bor003

Automaton Tech

from A
232 posts

Warbrain wrote:
bor003 wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

It's happened before.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm saying it HAS happened.

Sometimes I wonder...

Oh... Then yeah smile
I think it is wrong for companies to do what the download people did. When you get a bundle you should become a normal licences user, and this is what happens on all other software that you get on MH/MZ/etc. If they don't like that fact they shouldn't have joined the bundle

March 7, 2010 4:51 pm
macwitty

macwitty

Big Game Hunter

from Stockholm, Sweden
920 posts

Speculation continue
Maybe it is a new version, maybe it can do more, like integrate Facebook, maybe you get it for a status line on your Facebook account. Maybe...

Get DropBox - 2 GB + 250 MB for free

March 7, 2010 4:57 pm
btester92

btester92

Big Game Hunter

from USA
944 posts

macwitty wrote:

Speculation continue
Maybe it is a new version, maybe it can do more, like integrate Facebook, maybe you get it for a status line on your Facebook account. Maybe...

It looks like the next version of Nambu is going to do that with their next release. Looks promising, but still waiting for the beta invitation.

If I was helpful, consider signing up for Dropbox on my referral.

March 7, 2010 5:03 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

I don't know about everyone else but I don't want my facebook and twitter udpates intermixing. I hate Facebook with a passion and those people who I am friends with on Facebook wouldn't understand half the shit I post to Twitter.

Website | Twitter

March 7, 2010 5:05 pm
sayam

sayam

Tinkerer

19 posts

@warbrain most of these multi-purpose apps turn out to be junk.. Tweetie should be good at what it does, twitter and not try getting into other shit. I guess that Loren is smart enough and won't do such stuff.. smile

March 7, 2010 5:08 pm
rosenkrieger

rosenkrieger

Urchin

from Germany
2 posts

We've been waiting for months for Tweetie 2 for Mac - but I guess Loren is busy coding the iPad Version to make more money and has no time for the 2.x Update for the Mac. All the Update Talk ( TechCrunch, etc. ) is months old... so I wouldn't hold me breath.

March 7, 2010 5:29 pm
Senly

Senly

Automaton Tech

from France
167 posts

Ok, image's name is LookOverThere.png (http://www.macheist.com/static/nano2/im … rThere.png) :-)

French MacHeist Lover

March 7, 2010 5:44 pm
ChickenStudios

ChickenStudios

Automaton Tech

from Wales, UK
172 posts

The icon on @MacHeist is @Tweetie for Mac. It WILL become part of Nano Bundle 2.

- RazorianFly

He emailed Loren Brichter.

March 7, 2010 5:47 pm
craigsea

craigsea

Tinkerer

from Columbus, Ohio
16 posts

Warbrain wrote:
ne0 wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

That was after they had fought for a while. Doesn't meant they're a good company. I still think they're a bunch of assholes.

The stupid software never did work right for me and I had a terrible time getting off my system.

While there is life, there is hope. How are you? I'm alive.
http://www.macheist.com/bundle/u/105195/

March 7, 2010 5:53 pm
Miah

Miah

3,676 posts

Warbrain wrote:

Incidentally, Yazsoft is one of only two companies I encourage people to never buy from, and it's from this incident alone.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

March 7, 2010 5:56 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Front » Tweetie Speculation

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?