Forums

Tweetie 2 is dead, long live Twitter for Mac, and RESOLUTION FINALLY!

MacHeist Forums » The Front » Tweetie 2 is dead, long live Twitter for Mac, and RESOLUTION FINALLY!

epogue

Urchin

6 posts

isharan wrote:

The fact of the matter is that when selling the bundle, MacHeist advertised beta access to Tweetie 2 before it was released, and they didn't come through with it. Not that I'm complaining – RipIt and Flow alone made the bundle more than worth it – but to all the people saying "that's just the way it is" or "stop whining", it is FACT that MacHeist broke their part of the bargain.

Just sayin'.

Actually, Loren Brichter did that and left MacHeist with the egged face. However, I think the compromise was pretty good: we got the app for free in the end and are still getting some neat pre-release features.

January 7, 2011 1:44 am

isharan

Urchin

3 posts

epogue wrote:
isharan wrote:

The fact of the matter is that when selling the bundle, MacHeist advertised beta access to Tweetie 2 before it was released, and they didn't come through with it. Not that I'm complaining – RipIt and Flow alone made the bundle more than worth it – but to all the people saying "that's just the way it is" or "stop whining", it is FACT that MacHeist broke their part of the bargain.

Just sayin'.

Actually, Loren Brichter did that and left MacHeist with the egged face. However, I think the compromise was pretty good: we got the app for free in the end and are still getting some neat pre-release features.

But its still MacHeist's problem -- they should have planned ahead, or either put a disclaimer to customers that a) the release could get delayed indefinitely or b) there may be no beta at all. They made it sound like they had everything worked out, which obviously they didn't. I agree though, the compromise (to me at least) is fair. I'm just saying that people have a legitimate reason to complain, since they obviously did not get *exactly* what they paid for (but kinda close).

January 7, 2011 1:54 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

isharan wrote:
epogue wrote:
isharan wrote:

Just sayin'.

But its still MacHeist's problem -- they should have planned ahead, or either put a disclaimer to customers that a) the release could get delayed indefinitely or b) there may be no beta at all. They made it sound like they had everything worked out, which obviously they didn't. I agree though, the compromise (to me at least) is fair. I'm just saying that people have a legitimate reason to complain, since they obviously did not get *exactly* what they paid for (but kinda close).

They did have it worked out. It was Loren who shat on them and jumped out.

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

January 7, 2011 2:01 am
Ollie N

Ollie N

Big Game Hunter

662 posts

isharan wrote:
epogue wrote:
isharan wrote:

Just sayin'.

When they got the deal from atebits (developer of tweetie) they didn't know that atebits was going to be acquired. So its not thier fault

May the Mac be with you
Get free Dropbox space for both of us!

January 7, 2011 2:02 am
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

isharan wrote:

Just sayin'.

A fact which no longer bears further repeating. It's been acknowledged, and reparations have been made inasmuch as they can be. I'm "just sayin" that maybe we don't need to keep beating a dead horse here. We all get that nanoBundle 2 included early beta access, people really wanted early beta access, and they didn't get that. What we all need to start getting is that it was a result of circumstances that MH couldn't have changed, and in acknowledging their obligation to the customer, they did what they could to make amends.

That's where we are. We don't need to build up to it again by "proving" it was the case. I'd like to ask that if you have any further comments at this point, please ask yourself: have we already been other that?

PM me | Twitter

January 7, 2011 2:10 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,890 posts

isharan wrote:

By that logic, people should have launched class-action lawsuits against Microsoft for the countless delays affecting Windows, or against Apple for the delays that affected OS X. Buying software is not like buying "consumer product X" from Wal-Mart; features can change, as can ownership and support of the company making software. It's the nature of the industry, and its especially true of indie devs, especially (generally) one-man shows like Atebits/Loren Brichter.

It seems as though the only way people like you will ever be satisfied is if the Directorate had some magical machine blessed with fairy dust that could allow them to see into the future, predict the decisions both of individual developers and major corporations, and plot out the probabilities of all of their actions...like some cross between a Crystal Ball and a TARDIS out of a Douglas Adams novel.

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

January 7, 2011 2:13 am

isharan

Urchin

3 posts

rampancy wrote:
isharan wrote:

By that logic, people should have launched class-action lawsuits against Microsoft for the countless delays affecting Windows, or against Apple for the delays that affected OS X. Buying software is not like buying "consumer product X" from Wal-Mart; features can change, as can ownership and support of the company making software. It's the nature of the industry, and its especially true of indie devs, especially (generally) one-man shows like Atebits/Loren Brichter.

It seems as though the only way people like you will ever be satisfied is if the Directorate had some magical machine blessed with fairy dust that could allow them to see into the future, predict the decisions both of individual developers and major corporations, and plot out the probabilities of all of their actions...like some cross between a Crystal Ball and a TARDIS out of a Douglas Adams novel.

You're making stuff up. I never said I wasn't satisfied; I actually stated that I don't care for this whole Tweetie 2 thing, since the rest of the bundle appealed to me. I'm just pointing out the validity of other's people's 'whining,' since they paid for one thing and got something else.

January 7, 2011 2:37 am
mgetzski

mgetzski

Urchin

4 posts

Where do I find the license key?

January 7, 2011 3:50 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,890 posts

isharan wrote:

since they paid for one thing and got something else.

And what was the "something else"? They paid for a Tweetie license, and they got it. They were also offered Tweetie 2, and they got that as well, in the form of Twitter for Mac.

The only ones "making stuff up" are the ones who seem to act as if MacHeist owes them something just because someone else -- over whom they had little real authority -- screwed up. The Directorate could offer a free iPad for everyone who bought the last bundle with Tweetie and people could still find something to needlessly complain about.

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

January 7, 2011 4:03 am
germanturkey

germanturkey

Urchin

9 posts

just to go back to coversutra real quick:  what is the difference between 2.2.2 and 2.5?

Team Purp..

January 7, 2011 4:17 am
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

rampancy wrote:

The Directorate could offer a free iPad for everyone who bought the last bundle with Tweetie and people could still find something to needlessly complain about.

But I hate the iPad... wink

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

January 7, 2011 4:23 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Dirigible Captain

from Not here.
6,982 posts

Miah wrote:
rampancy wrote:

The Directorate could offer a free iPad for everyone who bought the last bundle with Tweetie and people could still find something to needlessly complain about.

But I hate the iPad... wink

But the monocle screams iPad user.

Website | Twitter

January 7, 2011 4:25 am
mgetzski

mgetzski

Urchin

4 posts

What else was in nano bundle 2?

January 7, 2011 4:26 am
newsdork

newsdork

Sky Pirate

from Tennessee
1,477 posts

mgetzski wrote:

What else was in nano bundle 2?

MacJournal, Ripit, Flow, Coverscout, RapidWeaver, Trax...some games...Tweetie. Stuff like that.

Edit
This list...

Sometimes I feel so blue
It makes me twitter.

January 7, 2011 4:28 am

umijin

Urchin

8 posts

Umm - I bought the Nano bundle, but don't see any Tweetie license in my serials page. Was it an early bird thing?

January 7, 2011 8:44 am

jaam

Tinkerer

30 posts

It is nice. Thank you for trying to offer something.
But don't think it is not so top secret inclusive for MacHeist anymore, I guess.
Since someone can open via Terminal (http://www.tuaw.com/2011/01/06/tweetie- … st-secret/)

what a coincidence, somehow ORANGE is one of my favourite colours.

January 7, 2011 9:49 am
pingudownunder

pingudownunder

Tinkerer

from Queensland, Australia
11 posts

I've dumped Tweetie/the official Twitter client for both OSX and iOS as a minor form of protest ... in fact dumping Twitter altogether may also be an option ...

 GO GREEN MONKEYS! 

January 7, 2011 9:49 am

hanineal

Urchin

1 posts

Hey, I got "Tweetie 2". That part doesn't bother me. I'm just sorry that it's virtually unusable due to the monochromatic color scheme and the poor choice of font & font-size with no way to change it that I've found.

January 7, 2011 11:18 am
technorandy

technorandy

Urchin

from UK
4 posts

Well I'm just glad it's finally here. I gave up using Tweetie a long time ago and switched to Seesmic Web as I've yet to find a mac client I like. I'll give this version a go and so far it looks pretty slick.

hanineal wrote:

Hey, I got "Tweetie 2". That part doesn't bother me. I'm just sorry that it's virtually unusable due to the monochromatic color scheme and the poor choice of font & font-size with no way to change it that I've found.

If they put everything we wanted into it now there'd be no beta features to offer MH folks wink

I expect they'll be added soon as this is now an official Twitter driven product. I'm waiting for proper retweeting and "in reply to" to be done!

January 7, 2011 11:31 am
Tom Swift

Tom Swift

Tinkerer

from China
13 posts

I am in China and Twitter is blocked. Years ago when Wikipedia was blocked, people in China could got to another web site (I forgot the name) and use it to access Wikipedia without the government blocking it. I was hoping that this program would allow me access to Twitter but I can't even log in, which means that this is simply a front-end program. Of course, for most people this is fine but I wish there was another way to access some  of these sites without having to use my VPN all the time.

http://www.bandusianspring.com

January 7, 2011 12:03 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Dirigible Captain

from Not here.
6,982 posts

I'll say this about the app...

It feels way too much like an iOS app for Mac OS X. The animations are unnecessary, the overuse of custom UI...

Edit: The app could have really used a good beta test wink

Website | Twitter

January 7, 2011 12:17 pm

manos2008

Urchin

4 posts

Well, since everyone is able to use his credentials on many computers, this isn't actually a macheist exclusive no more. Everybody on the internet is available to unlock it, using these credentials. You should at least make the license "one-per-person". We lost our copy. Let us not lose our exclusive features.

Edit: I removed the link. If you're worried about why would you post it? - Warbrain.
Edit 2: To prove that there is actually a site that provides credentials and I'm just not making it up, since from yesterday people here have been denying everything we say just because our post count is low (this actually means we have lives).
- manos2008

January 7, 2011 1:53 pm
adrianshum

adrianshum

Tinkerer

27 posts

Thank you MacHeist.  Though it is not the best resolution in many people's mind, I doubtless can feel MacHeist and Loren's sincerity on solving the issue.

Good job MacHeist and Loren

Dropbox Referral: Get 2GB + 250MB, or
SugarSync Referral: 5GB + 500MB

January 7, 2011 3:05 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Dirigible Captain

from Not here.
6,982 posts

manos2008 wrote:

Well, since everyone is able to use his credentials on many computers, this isn't actually a macheist exclusive no more. Everybody on the internet is available to unlock it, using these credentials. You should at least make the license "one-per-person". We lost our copy. Let us not lose our exclusive features.

Edit: I removed the link. If you're worried about why would you post it? - Warbrain.
Edit 2: To prove that there is actually a site that provides credentials and I'm just not making it up, since from yesterday people here have been denying everything we say just because our post count is low (this actually means we have lives).
- manos2008

Then contact a mod or directorate.

Website | Twitter

January 7, 2011 3:08 pm
shouldwork

shouldwork

Tinkerer

from Saskatoon Canada
15 posts

Ok, so I know this isn't really a macheist Tweetie question, but this is all I get when I try to download the new twitter for mac

http://grab.by/8fvv

does anyone have any ideas

mmmm, I like taco bell

January 7, 2011 3:36 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Dirigible Captain

from Not here.
6,982 posts

shouldwork wrote:

Ok, so I know this isn't really a macheist Tweetie question, but this is all I get when I try to download the new twitter for mac

Clear cookies in Safari for iTunes and Apple.
Log out of the store and log back in.

Give it a shot.

Website | Twitter

January 7, 2011 3:49 pm
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

Warbrain wrote:
shouldwork wrote:

Clear cookies in Safari for iTunes and Apple.
Log out of the store and log back in.

Give it a shot.

Also, this has been happening at general high traffic times. They say try again later and in this case it actually applies it seems. I had the same issue yesterday.

January 7, 2011 4:03 pm
DrakasX

DrakasX

Big Game Hunter

from USA
861 posts

Miah wrote:
rampancy wrote:

Wow, that really sucks...so, just to clarify, did Sophie earlier promise her pre-App Store customers free updates from 2.x up to 3?

https://img.skitch.com/20110106-mi36bg9 … 1qpyt3.png

Demand a refund, the dev breached the consumer/dev agreement you both entered in to when you purchased the software.

iMac 12,1 | iPhone 4S | iPad3 | Twitter | Playstation Network ID

January 7, 2011 4:04 pm
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

Naturally. I'm also detailing my vote of no confidence as cast by my finances. I won't be buying anything from her in the future. It's a pure loss and she should understand that.

January 7, 2011 4:06 pm
blue_fireball_eater

blue_fireball_eater

from Chicago
2,797 posts

Miah wrote:

Naturally. I'm also detailing my vote of no confidence as cast by my finances. I won't be buying anything from her in the future. It's a pure loss and she should understand that.

Ditto. I deleted CS a long time ago, and Articles just outlived its welcome on my iPhone.

avatar is from Penfield & Jasper, 1954

January 7, 2011 4:12 pm
DrakasX

DrakasX

Big Game Hunter

from USA
861 posts

http://grab.by/8fyl

Hey Phil, give me my money back.

January 7, 2011 4:14 pm
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

DrakasX wrote:

I don't remember the iPhone/iPod versions of Twitter being offered by Phill at any time.

So I'll answer on his behalf: No.

January 7, 2011 4:16 pm
DrakasX

DrakasX

Big Game Hunter

from USA
861 posts

Miah wrote:
DrakasX wrote:

I don't remember the iPhone/iPod versions of Twitter being offered by Phill at any time.

So I'll answer on his behalf: No.

It was originally Tweetie for iPhone

http://grab.by/8fyz

which clicking that on atebits redirects to http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/twitter/id333903271?mt=8 twitter for iphone.

http://grab.by/8fyK

January 7, 2011 4:17 pm
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

I don't see how that invalidates the point.

January 7, 2011 4:19 pm
DrakasX

DrakasX

Big Game Hunter

from USA
861 posts

Miah wrote:

It appears he's the spokesperson on the MH for Tweetie, so he's the one i'm asking for the refund.

January 7, 2011 4:21 pm
mickdann

mickdann

Urchin

3 posts

Jeez, I bought the nanobundle to support the good causes the money was going to and to get some cool software. I'm still happy :-)

January 7, 2011 4:21 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Dirigible Captain

from Not here.
6,982 posts

DrakasX wrote:
Miah wrote:

It appears he's the spokesperson on the MH for Tweetie, so he's the one i'm asking for the refund.

Holy shit logic just went out the window and shit all over the lawn.

Website | Twitter

January 7, 2011 4:58 pm

galfurion

Urchin

1 posts

All the hating aside, as a brand new mac user all I wanna know is: WHEN A NEW BUNDLE IS COMMING OUT?! And please try and get Transmit on it! I desperatly need a decent FTP client here! ;-D

And a solution for all that blabber about the Tweetie 2, give those ppl some discount on the next bundle!

January 7, 2011 5:15 pm
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

galfurion wrote:

And please try and get Transmit on it!

Sorry, not happening. As much as I would love it, Panic has stated time and again that they will not participate in any bundles.

Still, you can hope for YummyFTP. It's a great client and would fit the requirements for a bundle I think.

January 7, 2011 5:26 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Dirigible Captain

from Not here.
6,982 posts

Miah wrote:
galfurion wrote:

And please try and get Transmit on it!

Sorry, not happening. As much as I would love it, Panic has stated time and again that they will not participate in any bundles.

Still, you can hope for YummyFTP. It's a great client and would fit the requirements for a bundle I think.

Fuck it, I want Fetch in my bundle.

Website | Twitter

January 7, 2011 5:36 pm
kalleboo

kalleboo

Staff

from Kagoshima, Japan
265 posts

DrakasX wrote:

Somehow I missed iPhoneHeist, when did that happen?

Everything is my fault

January 7, 2011 6:49 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Dirigible Captain

from Not here.
6,982 posts

kalleboo wrote:
DrakasX wrote:

Just after WinHeist and LinuxHeist.

Website | Twitter

January 7, 2011 7:13 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

Warbrain wrote:
kalleboo wrote:
DrakasX wrote:

And EeyoreHeist where you can get your very own Warbrain.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 7, 2011 7:32 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Dirigible Captain

from Not here.
6,982 posts

Wasgo wrote:
Warbrain wrote:
kalleboo wrote:

And EeyoreHeist where you can get your very own Warbrain.

Very funny. I may have chuckled.

Website | Twitter

January 7, 2011 7:35 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

Funny you mention iPhoneHeist... my first thought when I saw the Twitter Super Secret hint was that the MacHeist logo at the bottom sure looked like an iOS app icon.

http://grab.by/grabs/51dfe0ec2210c46d0a78357aa495945d.png

PM me | Twitter

January 7, 2011 7:50 pm
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

Sounds like Apple is not too happy with our hidden backdoor tongue We may have to branch out into MacHeist-specific builds for future versions.

Someone on the fun police taskforce in Cupertino just got promoted.

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

January 7, 2011 10:55 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Dirigible Captain

from Not here.
6,982 posts

phillryu wrote:

Sounds like Apple is not too happy with our hidden backdoor tongue We may have to branch out into MacHeist-specific builds for future versions.

Did they bring it up to Twitter or someone else?

Website | Twitter

January 8, 2011 1:35 am
mackmgg

mackmgg

Gearhead

60 posts

phillryu wrote:

You could have the super secret updater branch the app into a MacHeist specific build

I'm tired and accidentally reported this post instead of quoting it. Mods should disregard that

January 8, 2011 3:27 am
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

phillryu wrote:

Buzzkills. Apple is a mechanical horror in an undying legal shell. It sails from market to market in a flying tomb serving a dark god named Steve who eats hope and fun.

January 8, 2011 3:51 am
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

Miah wrote:
phillryu wrote:

Buzzkills. Apple is a mechanical horror in an undying legal shell. It sails from market to market in a flying tomb serving a dark god named Steve who eats hope and fun.

Yeah, but the tomb regularly craps out some pretty awesome toys for me to play with, so I still follow it around like a hungry puppy.

PM me | Twitter

January 8, 2011 3:54 am
MacHeist Forums » The Front » Tweetie 2 is dead, long live Twitter for Mac, and RESOLUTION FINALLY!

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?